Sunday 21 April 2013

Liebster Award.....Rockin An Extra Chromosome has been nominated!

First of all I just want to state how cool it feels to be nominated for a Liebster  award!!


Liebster (German) = beloved, cherished, esteemed.


What is a Liebster award?  This award is a 'peer award' given to upcoming bloggers who have less then 200 followers.  (so far to date I have 19 followers)

I first heard about the Liebster Award from Rob Arnold.  He is the man behind Treyton's Posse.  I first found his blog when I joined a blog hop (I think).  Either that or from the Down Syndrome Blogs website.  I read sooooo many blogs that I sometimes have a hard time remembering where exactly I first stumbled upon a blog.  What I enjoy about his blog is the calmness and logic and love that comes through in his writing.  His post on the death of Ethan Saylor was one that stood out for me.  He came across calm, rational and logical.

WOW! Seriously, I am just so honoured that a fellow blogger thinks my blog brings value and is worthy of recognition.

So Rob, THANK YOU!

This nomination requires me to post 11 facts about me and to also answer 11 questions that Treyton's Posse has given me.

Hmmmmmm, so let's finish this post with 11 facts about lil ol me.

1.     I despise (with a capital D) onions.  If a recipe calls for onions, I will either use half or a quarter of what the recipe calls for.  Sometimes I will even omit it all together (onions in chicken pot pie???? Just the thought makes me puke a little).  I don't care if the chicken pot pie doesn't taste as good, onions are nasty.

2.     I used to be a part of an improv troupe.  (Improv? Improv is a form of theatre where most or all of what is performed is created the moment it is performed).  During my brief few years of performing I loved it!  When I got married we had improv at our wedding reception.   Once I became preggos with Olivia, however, I kind of slowly stopped going.  My priorities changed.  But I have many a great memory of those days.


The Impromaniacs was the name of our troupe 



There were more people in the troupe...they just weren't at rehearsal the day these photos were taken.....


3.  I am the youngest of three. I have an older sister and an older brother.  My big sis lives in Victoria, BC and my big brother lives in the US of A.  Salt Lake City, Utah, to be exact.  I truly miss living near my siblings and I am very excited to be able to see my sister and her kidlets again this year.  As for my bro, I haven't seen him in a loooonnnggg time! I am hoping that we can finally get our shit together and see him next year.

some really old photos of me and my sibs.  



4.    I would LOVE to be on the TLC show "What Not to Wear".  I love clothes, and I think I have a pretty good fashion sense, so I don't feel I need help per say, but I would love to spend a week in New York with two amazing stylists and be given a whole new wardrobe! And let's not forget a sassy new hair do and make up! So seriously, feel free to nominate me....this is their last season so, now is the time people!!!


5.  Zombies? Vampires? Werewolves? Ghosts?  These are a few of my favourite things....to watch...on TV.  Remember Ghost Whisperer with Jennifer Love-Hewitt?  Yeah, I used to watch that show EVERY Friday night.  It was cheesy, but I loved it.  Mickey started calling it Friday Fromage.   Then just last year the show Grimm began. I am HOOKED!





6.   I am not very fond of being call Ann.  Yeah, my name is Anna, not Ann.  I know, so trivial, right?  But as a teenager it would just bug the hell out of me when someone would read my name (as in look down at my name that was neatly and clearly written on paper (A-n-n-a), and miss the last "a" entirely and call me Ann.  Now that I am a mature woman (snicker), I am not bothered AS much when someone calls me Ann. Instead of being annoyed nowadays I just straight up correct them.  "It's Anna, not Ann." is usually what I say.  I am sure I come off as bitchy but hey, get my name right and then "bitchy Anna" won't have to rear her ugly head.

7.    I like to refer to the current city that we reside in as ButtFuck, Alberta. Here is the blog post I did on how we ended up in Alberta and why I call it BF, Alberta.

8.     Before moving to BF, Alberta, I was a certified fitness instructor.  I have let my certification expire so now I just workout when I have time (so never).

9.     When I was younger I played the violin. Yet another activity that I no longer do. Hmmmmm, I see a pattern emerging here....

10.    My first real serious boyfriend was Mickey. I was 20, he was 21.  We have now been married for almost 13 years.  He is my best friend and I love him more and more every day.

And last, but certainly not least

11.   Amusement parks are a form of torture, at least to me.  Wanna see me scream and cry and possibly pee and poo my pants? Then force me to go on a roller coaster, or a Ferris wheel or a ride that shoots you up in the air really high....pretty much any adult ride. Yup. Amusement park=torture chamber to this here lady.

There you have it! 11 things you may, or may not know about me!

Stay tuned for the next few post where I answer questions that Treyton's Posse asked me and many of the other nominees!!

Here are the other nominees:

8 comments:

  1. LOL...It was great reading this! You still buried in snow out there in BF Alberta?! HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no more snow! YAY!!! Now bring on the really hot weather and mosquitoes!!

      Delete
  2. Anna,

    It is good to learn a little more about you. However, the improv thing would be my torture. That sounds terrible. I can appreciate what you say about your name. I get called Bob a lot and I hate that. It usually happens when people see my full name (Robert) and then try to be friendly. I don't understand why so many people think it is more logical to shorten Robert down to Bob and not Rob.

    Anyway, I am looking forward to your answers to the questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me Rob is way more logical then Bob for sure! I actually had to go back and double check my blog post after I read your comment as I totally freaked out and though that I called you Bob! Whew! But I didn't! Whew!

      As for Improv, yes, most people tell me that to them getting up on stage and performing in front of strangers would be torturous. I fully enjoy strangers laughing at me......ok, well JUST when I am doing improv.

      Delete
  3. Giggle....learned a few new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! which ones did you NOT already know?

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the award!!!!!! I love learning more about you. I hear you on the A-n-n-A. Not Ann or Annie, or Amy (don't ask). You should have posted one of your awesome videos of Stella doing the Zombie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Amy.........I mean Ann.... no wait.... AnnAAAA! Lol! Yes! I never thought of putting Stella doing her zombie impression! She makes one cute zombie!

    ReplyDelete