Saturday 15 December 2012

Thinking of young lives lost.

Yesterday we spent our day moving.  It was a long hard day.  I didn't watch the TV or go on Facebook. It wasn't until I got into bed and checked my phone that I read about the horrific mass murder at  Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton Connecticut

Immediately my mind went to my daughter Olivia.  She is 7.  She is feisty, expressive and can be extremely challenging sometimes.  But I got to hug her and kiss her and say goodnight to her last night, to tell her I love her.

20 parents did not get to do that last night.

20 parents got their kids ready for school, made their lunches, kissed them goodbye...and then never saw them again alive.  Their lives are forever changed because some man was mad and wanted to get "revenge".

So....he killed innocent little children, terrified and probably crying for their mommies.

I am at a loss. I don't understand and I can't fathom the evil in this man's heart.  To be able to do something like that.

Please, pray for these families, entirely and forever devastated, forever heartbroken.

Hug your children.

And if you believe in God, ask him to take care of all those new Angels and give some sort of comfort to the mommies and daddies who now have to figure out how to live without a piece of their heart.

2 comments:

  1. I am still in shock over it all. I just cannot fathom. . . it was hard to send Bear to school today and I imagine it was the same for you to send Olivia. Yes, we much hold our children close.

    ReplyDelete