Tuesday 4 December 2012

Slow and Steady

Slow and Steady wins the race.  This is what I think about when I see Stella walking just a tiny bit more every day.  Instead of sitting on her bum to get over to the other chair, I see her let go, rotate her torso, move her legs and decide (all on her own) to walk over to the other chair. 

When she is sitting on the floor a couple of feet away from me and I say "Walk to mama", instead of smiling and crawling, she stands and walks; slowly, precisely, sometimes stopping to put her hands on the floor to regain her balance and then continuing on toddling towards me, arms up, gleeful smile on her face.

Olivia noticed how much she was walking tonight. "Wow Mom, she's walking so much now!"

Stella stands up with an intent look on her face, walks over to Olivia, grabs her hands and starts walking in a circle. You see, this past weekend Livi started playing "Ring around the Rosie" with her. So tonight she decided that she wanted to play that game over and over with her biggest sister.

And so she keeps learning, keeps surprising me, keeps keeping me on my toes. Slow and steady, slow and steady.



1 comment: