Friday, 25 January 2013

The House of Sickos

It started out with a cough.

Sophie coughed, out of nowhere. She was just sitting there colouring, minding her own business and then she coughed. Not just any cough, a deep gurgley, lung buttery cough.

Sigh. Shit. There goes my solid 4 hours of sleep.

Oh, maybe it won't be that bad.

Then she began to sneeze, and her nose began to run.


The part that concerned me most was her cough. It sounded like her lungs were filled with copious amounts of nasty phlegm. So after 3 hours sleep on a night last week sometime (Monday, I think), off I trudged to the doctors office with Sophie as I was POSITIVE that she had a chest infection. Thank The Lord above that I didn't have to wait long to see the doctor! Imagine my surprise when he told me "no infection, just a virus mam" (MAM??) "She has cold induced asthma (which I already knew), so just give her some inhalers"(which we had plenty of already).

After that she recovered quite fast, though even now she has a slight cough. Not too shabby.  Of course I was waiting for the other "ball" to drop, as in the other two kiddos to follow suit and get sick.

Sure enough, one week to the day....Stella coughed.  But not just any cough, a deep gurgley, lung buttery, I'm gonna keep you up allllllllll night cough.

(insert my angry, sad, frustrated, face here)

And boy did Lil miss Stella not disappoint!  By Monday, after she woke up from her nap, she was groggy, coughing, flushed and feverish.  My poor littlest muffin.

Look at those flushed cheeks!

Her temperature was high all through the night. I was worried. I always worry when it comes to fevers. Fevers scare me.

By the morning, her fever was down a bit and off we trudged to the doctor's office.

And what a little trouper my Lil miss Stella was. She was clearly feeling like shit. But yet, she still managed a smile for everyone and even waved.

Seems Lil miss Stella not only had a chest infection, but also an ear infection and an eye infection.  So off we trudged to the pharmacy to pick up all her meds.

And now here we are 3 days later.

My right arm is now noticeably larger and stronger due to the fact that I have been holding Stella pretty much all day, every day for the past few days.

I now know every song on the Yo Gabba Gabba Album by heart as I have danced and sang to it almost non stop for the past 3 days.

I am still sleep deprived, but I got a full 5 hours of sleep last night!! What??

Stella had a slight temperature this afternoon, but she looks and sounds a lot better.  However, she is a crabby pants.

Stella is very rarely crabby.

So obviously she is still not 100%.

I am hoping for another solid 5 hours of sleep tonight, but with three young and crazy McG girls....I should probably just stop blogging and go to bed now.


  1. Well boo! It sounds like you are having loads of fun over there. Glad Miss Stella is doing better. The crud seems to be going around and knocking down every in its path. Hope you get some sleep tonight!

  2. Shitty. And that's what sucks about having a bunch of kids, one gets sick the rest are sure to follow! Hope everyone starts feeling better and you get some sleep!